Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Venture

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged last. It's such a shame since I have so many random thoughts in my head all the FREAKIN time! So what's new with me... Well I have decided to start a business. Believe it or not this idea came after I decided to clean and redecorate my home. Get that?!?!

Anywho, I've decided to open an online boutique. Young contemporary dresses and accessories but at an affordable price point. Because frankly I'm tired of dropping $100+ on a party dress. Maybe some women have it like that but they also have Nordstrom, Neiman, and Saks to satisfy their shopping needs. This venture came on the heels of one of my great friends telling me I should consider being an image consultant again. While I love the idea I think I would love to be more hands on with the apparel side of it.

There is so much work to be done, I can barely keep my head on straight. So far I have:

1. Incorporated my business (I decided against a LLC after a back and forth convo with my father.)
2. Got a tax id number from the IRS (Also know as a EIN - way more simple than I thought I would be.)
3. Opened my business checking acct.
4. Got a business license through the county.
5. Received a D-U-N-S number
6. Phone number for business purposes online
7. Bought my domain name and found the bomb web designer!

I am so very proud of myself. Didn't think I could get this much accomplished in less than 30 days.

If all my imaginary followers have any small business tips to share, I'm all ears.

'til the next time

No comments:

Post a Comment