Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged last. It's such a shame since I have so many random thoughts in my head all the FREAKIN time! So what's new with me... Well I have decided to start a business. Believe it or not this idea came after I decided to clean and redecorate my home. Get that?!?!
Anywho, I've decided to open an online boutique. Young contemporary dresses and accessories but at an affordable price point. Because frankly I'm tired of dropping $100+ on a party dress. Maybe some women have it like that but they also have Nordstrom, Neiman, and Saks to satisfy their shopping needs. This venture came on the heels of one of my great friends telling me I should consider being an image consultant again. While I love the idea I think I would love to be more hands on with the apparel side of it.
There is so much work to be done, I can barely keep my head on straight. So far I have:
1. Incorporated my business (I decided against a LLC after a back and forth convo with my father.)
2. Got a tax id number from the IRS (Also know as a EIN - way more simple than I thought I would be.)
3. Opened my business checking acct.
4. Got a business license through the county.
5. Received a D-U-N-S number
6. Phone number for business purposes online
7. Bought my domain name and found the bomb web designer!
I am so very proud of myself. Didn't think I could get this much accomplished in less than 30 days.
If all my imaginary followers have any small business tips to share, I'm all ears.
'til the next time
Friday, September 17, 2010
My initial answer to this question would be no. But upon further review, I think that may not be the absolute truth. While I do have a strong desire to be successful, it has recently occurred to me that I am so LAZY! Now, that's not to say I don't get things done, because I do. But I wonder how much more I could get done if I would put more effort into it.
So I've decided to start a new task: MISSION GET DISCIPLINED.
First order of business is to get my house in order. And I don't mean that in a theoretical sense... I mean to clean up this messy room of mine. Clear my daughter's dollhouse out of the dining room. Buy a T.V. stand or at least have thing properly installed on the wall. That way I can use the end table as an end table! Hang the two mirrors my sister gave me. Maybe even get a bookshelf since I have 4 full boxes of books in the garage. And about 20 more books in my room.
Yes, I know it seems like my living quarters are an absolute mess. Sadly its true. But today I will do better. How can one think of a brilliant idea if everything around her is clutter?
'til the next time
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Well hello for all the imaginary people out there reading my blog! Today is merely an introduction into my twisted, fairy-tale infused, excitement filled world. I am a 20 something year old mother of one. Currently, I reside in a
town city called Charlotte, North Carolina! Woo Hoo... But that's subject to change any day.
As an ice breaker I'll list 8 random facts about me;
- 8 is my favorite number (sure you can guess what day I was born on ; )
- My first job was as a cashier at my father's grocery store. Hated it!
- Little known fact about me, I am a car enthusiast. With a concentration in exotic cars. Lol
- My dream job would be as a talk show host. A blend between quirky Tyra, generous Oprah, and investigative Geraldo Rivera
- Diana is my middle name... Yes, after Diana Ross.
- Place I'd love to visit: Cannes, France
- Long term goal: Become a Senator.
- I was born in the year of the Pig. Which should explain everything else there is to know about me!
This will be a great journey. Thanks for coming all for the ride.